Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms
It is imperative that people with symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis heed the early warning signs and seek diagnosis and treatment. Back pain and stiffness can be minimized with proper medical management. New therapies are emerging which help control disability and deformity associated with ankylosing spondylitis.
The early warning signs of ankylosing spondylitis are:
- Gradual onset of low back pain prior to age 35.
- Morning stiffness of the spine.
- Pain and stiffness that worsens with immobility.
- Pain and stiffness that improves with physical activity.
- Symptoms which persist for more than 3 months.