XTRAC Therapy is FDA-cleared and has been shown to provide true remission for patients with psoriasis.4 It has also demonstrated in clinical studies excellent efficacy with extremely high clearance rates (greater than 95% in just over 10 treatments).5 Furthermore, XTRAC Therapy has been proven to be effective in treating thick, scaled plaques on the knees and elbows, which are difficult-to-treat areas and often resistant to conventional treatments.6
Almost any patient with plaque psoriasis can be considered for XTRAC Therapy – patients with mild, moderate or severe disease are all suitable candidates. For more information on XTRAC Therapy, call 1-800-800-4758 or visit
About STRATA Skin Sciences, Inc.
STRATA Skin Sciences is a medical technology company focused on the therapeutic and diagnostic dermatology market. Its products include the XTRAC® laser and VTRAC® excimer lamp systems utilized in the treatment of psoriasis, vitiligo and various other skin conditions.
* John Fauber is a reporter for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Matthew Wynn is a reporter for MedPage Today. The original USA Today Network Exclusive story was reported as a joint project of the Journal Sentinel and MedPage Today, which provides a clinical perspective for physicians on breaking medical news.
- Wynn M and Fauber J for USA Today Network. Analysis: reports of side effects increase fivefold in 12 years.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Questions and answers about psoriasis.
- Menter A, Korman NJ, Elmets CA, for the American Academy of Dermatology Work Group. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Section 6. Guidelines of care for the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: case-based presentations and evidence-based conclusions. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011;65:137-174.
- Data on file. STRATA Skin Sciences, Inc.
- Taneja A, Treha M, Taylor C. 308-nm excimer laser for the treatment of psoriasis – induration-based dosimetry. Arch Dermolol. vol 139, June 2003, pp. 759-764.
- Gerber W, Arheliger B, Ha TA, Hermann J and Ockenfeis HM. Ultraviolet B 308-nm excimer laser treatment of psoriasis: a new phototherapeutic approach. British J Derm, vol 149, December 2003, pp. 1250-1258.