4. Smoking can make Crohn’s disease symptoms worse. Now is a good time to quit!
5. Do your upmost to avoid getting a cold as infections can make Crohn’s disease worse.
6. Keep yourself fit with regular exercise. If your symptoms are bad it may be best to rest but when your symptoms are in remission exercise is especially good as it promotes good gut function.
7. Medication reminders – if you have trouble remembering to take your medication place your tablets beside your toothbrush.
8. If swallowing tablets is a problem ask your doctor if you can crush them over something tasty, or whether there’s a liquid version available.