25. Travel insurance – make sure you have medical travel insurance that covers your condition when abroad.
26. Medication and travel – when travelling, remember to take enough medication to last your whole trip with some to spare in case of unexpected delays.
27. Travelling by air? Avoid problems on the day you fly, by maintaining a regular diet and medication schedule before the flight. Carry your medication, supplies and travel insurance information in your hand luggage.
28. Holiday specialists – if you’re leaving home for an extended break, locate a Crohn’s specialist in the place you’ll be visiting.
29. Seek medical advice – if you have chills, a temperature, pain, dizziness or bloody diarrhoea while away, seek medical advice immediately.