What is Alcohol Poisoning? Learn the symptoms

What is Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is the dangerous result of consuming too much alcohol over a short period of time. If you drink too much alcohol too quickly, it can be life-threatening. No matter a person’s alcohol tolerance, weight, age or gender, alcohol poisoning can affect anyone.

As you drink more, your blood alcohol content (BAC) level continues to climb. Eventually, it becomes so high that your basic mental, physical and emotional functions are no longer able to work properly. However, a person can feel the effects of alcohol abuse and potentially trigger alcohol poisoning, even after they’ve stopped drinking. Your BAC levels keep increasing for up to 40 minutes after your last drink.

The consequences of alcohol poisoning can be aggressive and fatal. Do not try to self-treat the symptoms of alcohol poisoning, as you can cause more harm than good. If you or a loved one are experiencing the signs of alcohol poisoning, act quickly and call 911. Emergency medical technicians will be able to provide immediate treatment and get a person the professional medical assistance they need.

Next Page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *