What is Alcohol Poisoning? Learn the symptoms

How Much Does It Take to Get Alcohol Poisoning?

When alcohol is consumed, it has a very quick and aggressive effect on your body. In fact, it takes roughly one hour for the body to metabolize 0.25 ounces of alcohol. Because of this, alcohol can be absorbed into your bloodstream in as little as 30 minutes after drinking.

When you drink a large amount of alcohol in a short amount of time, your body is unable to process the alcohol contents fast enough. Additionally, it takes a while for your body to break down the toxins found in alcohol, causing you to feel drunk longer.

There are a number of factors that play a role in a person’s alcohol consumption limit such as gender, weight and tolerance level. Since every person is different, there is no way to determine how much a person can drink before they’re at risk of alcohol poisoning. One of the most common causes of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking. Consuming an excessive amount of alcohol in such a short timeframe significantly increases your chances of harmful consequences, like alcohol poisoning.

Next Page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *