Parents beware !
The importance of this cannot be overstated. Do NOT feed newborn infants or children younger than 18 years-old on vegan diets or vegan ketogenic diets.
The younger they are, the more likely they are to suffer life threatening mineral, vitamin, protein and fatty acid deficiencies given the paucity of those elements in a diet entirely devoid of animal foods.
One parent in Italy was forced by the court to feed their child meat at least once a week.
Another couple were jailed for 1 year because their 1 year-old infant was malnourished on their vegan diet.
If you’re going to try to mix veganism with a ketogenic diet, make sure you pay attention to
- Getting enough protein
- Avoiding sugary fruit or too many starchy plants
- Getting enough calories without getting too many carbs (since your goal is ketosis)
- Beware of mineral and vitamin deficiencies (supplement these)
- Read a lot about nutrition because you’ll need the knowledge
- Make it a short-term experiment, preferably