This can lead to all sorts of different skin conditions, one of which is Vitiligo.
Some of the food groups that are vitally important in your quest to beating Vitiligo:
- Meat is the main source of protein, but it is important to balance your intake with other proteins such as soy beans, bananas, watermelon, leafy lettuce and sunflower sprouts.
- Don’t listen to all those nay-sayers when it comes to oils and fats. Consuming the right oils and fats can boost your cardiovascular system, as well as your immune system.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are an essential part of the anti Vitiligo diet. These essential fatty acids offer a number of health benefits, including better circulation levels, prevention of inflammation and boosting your immune system. Some sources of Omega 3 include salmon, walnuts and avocado.
- When selecting fruits and vegetables to include in your diet, make sure to go as colourful as possible. Opt for beetroots, spinach, dark green leafy vegetables and carrots.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres a day.
Avoid the bad stuff
The foods mentioned above will help greatly in your fight against Vitiligo, but they can only do so much. While including as many of the above in your diet, you also need to avoid certain foods that will make your symptoms worse.