Some of the foods that have been linked to Vitiligo are:
- Some people are allergic to Gluten without ever knowing it. You might be suffering from infammation because of this, while not experiencing any outer signs of this allergy. This can cause havock on your immune system.
- Acidic foods, such as lemons, can increase the acid levels in your stomach. This imbalance can worsen your symptoms.
- There are certain vegetables, called Nightshades, that cause inflammation, and have been known to cause Vitiligo. Some of these nightshades that you should avoid is: tomatoes, white eggplant, paprika, potatoes and tobacco.
- Processed foods should be avoided as much as possible. These are high in unhealthy preservatives, which has a negative impact on your immune system.
- Fast foods and soft drinks can be found around every corner, but they are some the biggest culprits in your diet. These are very bad for your skin, and those sugary soft drinks will slow down your metabolism.
Speaking of a slow metabolism, brings me to the third change you should be making to your diet.