- Adrenergic Agents, non-selective
- Headache, anorexia, premature ventricular contractions; includes epinephrine, propine
- Adrenergic Agents, selective
- Nausea, dry mouth, cold extremities (hands and feet), chest tightness, muscular pain, fatigue, and drowsiness. Brand names: Alphagan, Iopidine
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), cardiovascular system overload, headache, confusion, disorientation, subdural hematoma, pulmonary edema, congestive heart failure. Brand names: Osmoglyn, Mannitol
- Prostaglandin analogues
- Discolored skin around the eyeball, flu-like symptoms, muscular pain, and fever. Brand names: Xalatan, Travatan, Lumigan, Rescula
It is important to use the medicine as your doctor directs so that a proper eye pressure is maintained. Untreated glaucoma can lead to blindness. However, because many of these side effects can lead to serious health complications, call your doctor immediately if you begin to notice such symptoms.