What Trouble With Emotion Looks Like
When kids have trouble managing their emotions, it can show up in different ways. Some might be unable to put the brakes on their feelings when they’re angry or stressed about something. Others might struggle to get revved up to do something when they’re feeling bored.
Kids with ADHD, more than most others their age, may also:
- Be quick to get frustrated by minor annoyances
- Worry too much or too long about even small things
- Have trouble calming down when annoyed or angry
- Feel wounded or take offense at even gentle criticism
- Feel excessive urgency to get something they want immediately