10. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Other Essential Oils
For thousands of years up to now, essential oils are known for their powerful healing properties. They can soothe the body and mind, and treat a number of conditions. Due to this, they are seen as natural alternative to medication. This is also one of effective home remedies for neuropathy. Neuropathy, or nerve damage, could lead to pain and numbness in the impacted area. Essential oils are claimed to help relieve these symptoms. There are some of the best essential oils for neuropathy, which are:
- Eucalyptus essential oil: This is great for neuropathy due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helichrysum essential oil: it is renowned for its pain-relieving properties. Like other essential oils, Helichrysum essential oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that can treat neuropathy effectively.
- Lavender essential oil: this oil is famous for its ability to relieve pain. It has relaxing, soothing scent along with anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it is good for decreasing depression and stress.
- Peppermint essential oil: this oil has both anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it excellent oil for neuropathy. However, it is a stimulant, so do not use it before going to bed.
- Rosewood essential oil: this oil can reduce stress and give relaxation effects, not mention to being a nerve tonic with the analgesic properties.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil: this little-known oil can strengthen and nourish the nervous system. Also, it is a sedative, thereby helping to reduce and release stress.
Some methods to administer essential oils to treat neuropathy:
- Creams and lotions: you could use creams and lotions included essential oils. You can make your own or buy ready-made lotions and creams. Add a few drops of your chosen oil to your affected areas and massage.
- Aromatherapy bath: this is a great relaxing treatment among home remedies for neuropathy. Add several drops of oils to your bath water. To do so, mix 4-6 drops of your chosen essential oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (or any carrier oil). Add the mixture to some sea salt to let the oils blend with the bath water instead of floating on top. Run a nice warm bath and soak yourself in it. Pour the salt in the bath and swirl the water to mi the salt in.
You can use that bath water to massage your skin for a relief. If your muscles are aching, add the oil to Epsom salt instead of table salt, prior to adding to the bath.
- Compress: using a hot / cold compress is a good way to use essential oils for neuropathy. Using a hot compress to relax and increase blood circulation while a cold compress can reduce inflammation concurrently.
- Essential oil Diffusers: they are good for neuropathy as well.
Try this: The following recipe is a good way to treat neuropathy symptoms using essential oil:
- Mix Cypress, Lavender, Marjoram, Wild Orange and Helichrysum essential oil with the ratio of 3:3:3:6:4. Add 4 drops of Frankincense oil for those with cancer. Then, add 2 tablespoons of Fractionated Coconut oil into the mixture, store the final solution in a dark glass bottle.
- Massage your affected areas with this mixture every day to get good results.
11. Home Remedies For Neuropathy – Protect Your Feet And Skin
You need to carefully look for any signs of nerve damage to your feet, legs, hands and skin. Check for new signs of injuries, like sores, blisters, and ulcers. Skincare and foot care are crucial parts of the treating and preventing process for neuropathy.
You had better wash your skin, feet, toenails daily, particularly in skin folds where the moisture and bacteria could build up and lead to infections.
Wear clean clothing and socks, keep delicate skin away from the hot temperatures. Cut your file corns, toenails, and see doctor if you have swelling, redness and infection forming.